My Holiday Card
This week, the DY Makers learned how to make a very basic circuit using copper tape, a small battery, and LEDs. Each student began the lesson by answering a worksheet with the following prompts to help them create their own holiday:
- What are three of your favorite things? (Things that would make you the saddest panda in the world if they didn’t exist.
- Which one of these things do you think you could celebrate for a full day (or more)? Could you combine some things together?
- Who would celebrate it with you?
- When would you celebrate it? Season? Month? Day?
- What is the story behind your holiday? It needs to be at least 3 sentences long and have all of the elements of storytelling: Character, Object, Journey, Obstacle. (It’s ok to make it up. Most folk tales are completely ridiculous. Think about the Easter Bunny story and laugh.)
- What is the name of your holiday? Write it big!What is your holiday symbol? Draw it and be cool! (Closed shapes are your friends, I promise.)
They then used these answers to make their own holiday card with at least 2 LEDs integrated into their design and a simple circuit on the inside that would make them glow.